Star Lounger
    Thanks

Estimating Database (2000 or 2002)

I need some suggestions as to how to develop a database that will look to a table of numbers (Length, Height) give a corresponding result. This table would have a whole list of building length and width numbers then it would multiply the resulting number X3. I guess my first question is how would I get all those number (matrix of columns and rows) into access or would I use excel? Really needs some help here.
    Thanks in advance

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Estimating Database (2000 or 2002)

You probably don't want an Excel-like table (the "matrix of columns and rows") as a table in Access. Am I correct in assuming that you want to combine each length value with each width value? In that case, create two separate tables, one for length and one for width, and use a query to do the calculations. If you only want specific combinations, you can put height and width into one table, and again, use a query to do the calculations.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Estimating Database (2000 or 2002)

Thanks Hans, I'm not sure what to do - there are so many probabilities and assumptions when estimating the cost of construction. But thanks for your suggestion.