New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Calendar default view (XP)

I've just been upgraded at work to Office XP. In Outlook, when I switch to the calendar it always comes up in Day view. I like to view my calendar a week at a time, so I switch to week view. In Office 2000, it used to keep that setting when I switched away from calendar, and then back. Now, when I switch to inbox and then back to Calendar, it switches back to Day view. How do I get Outlook to remember to show the Calendar in week view as the default?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Calendar default view (XP)

I use Outlook 2002 SP-2, and "week view" sticks. You may have to select the days of a week carefully, the first time I tried it, it didn't work. There is an acknowledged problem with selecting multiple dates, see OL2002: The Calendar Day Selection Is Not Held in the Day/Week/Month View When You Change Folders.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Having experimented I've figured out what seems to be happening, so I thought I'd post it up for the benefit of others who may have a similar issue.
    If I select a week by clicking by the side of the week on the little monthly calendar at the right of the Outlook screen, the setting doesn't stick.
    If I select week view by clicking the button at the top of the Outlook panel, it does stick.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm glad you've found a solution, but both ways of selecting a week (the toolbar button and selecting a week in the monthly calendar) work for me - the setting sticks. Strange...