New Lounger
    Thanks

Hyperlinks (Word 2000)

We are a global organisation using WTS. How can we change the default setting of hyperlinks in word so they do not appear in blue and underlined without having to set up hyperlink and followedhyperlink styles in all of our templates?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hyperlinks (Word 2000)

Hi Lynn:
    I hate to go out on a limb and say it's not possible, but I can't see how to do it without changing the styles. I suppose you could create a wizard that would replace the hyperlink dialog box, but that would be very complex. You can select the hyperlink immediately after it's created & press Ctrl+Spacebar to remove the hyperlink style formatting, but that doesn't change the default. The best way would seem to be changing the style definitions, though.
    Regards,

Thanks

Well... you really should change the templates. To automate this, you could distribute a global template that will monitor selected activities (e.g., Document_Open) and update all open documents and templates when they occur. Testing this would take some time, but if you have huge numbers of templates, it might be worthwhile.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I added the formatting code to our global add-in template which updates the formatting of the two styles on document_open app event. This solves the problem of updating templates as it will update each template when I work on it, and it will also update any documents on the system when they are used (opened). In addition I added the formatting to the InsertHyperlink dialog as well.