Star Lounger
    Thanks

Table of Figures (Mis)Behavior (2000 SR-3)

My Table of Figures places 2 entries on the same line if the grahics to which they refer appear within the same paragraph (i.e., side-by-side). I've tried various combinations of Captions, SEQ Figure fields, etc. The only method that worked was for me to create individual TC fields for each picture.

The preferred method (due to laziness) would be for me to use Captions beneath each graphic -- is there a way for me to get the TOF to correctly display one entry per line if more than one figure appears in the same paragraph? Thanks for any assistance.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Table of Figures (Mis)Behavior (2000 SR-3)

I'd think it would be much easier to set up the side-by-side figures so that they aren't in the same paragraph in the first place -- either via creating a table and placing one graphic and associated caption in each cell, or perhaps via temporarily establishing a 2-column layout on the page in which the side-by-side graphics would appear.
    "What's loved, survives." (Diane Duane, Deep Wizardry)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

John,

Thanks for the reply. I had thought about these options, but was hoping that I was merely missing something obvious about TOF. If not, then I'll resort to one of these.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Ethan:
    I'm not sure what your layout is, but it is possible to put a table below the paragraph that contains the figures. The put the caption into a cell below the figure. Then build you TOC & it should get 1 line per figure. See attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Phil,

Thank you for the reply. John alluded to this as well. I had thought of doing this, as well as surrounding the section containing the graphics with Continuous section breaks (which is eventually what I did), but was hoping that I was simply missing some obvious setting that would automatically perform the desired behavior. Since TC fields for each graphic seemed to work I had hoped Word would have been intelligent enough to parse the Caption (SEQ) fields correctly when building the TOF.

Oh well, I've had far worse problems with Word, so this is relatively minor! Thanks again.