Flatspin

Closing Programs?

Just got a Cassiopeia E-125 for Christmas and was in the middle of moving. Not sure if there wasn't an instruction manual or if it's still packed.

How do I close a program? The only way I've stumbled across so far is to use BTask. There does not appear to be any other way to shut off a program after I'm finished.

Shawn

navir

Re: Closing Programs?

I have a Jornada, so I do not know if the Cassiopeia works the same.

In the Jornada, there is an icon named "HP task switcher" that resembles two overlapping windows with a double arrow between them. By clicking that icon, choices are displayed to close one or all open programs.

But you're right: the manual should be very useful.

Jay

I have an E-105. Maybe this might help. Some MS applications listen for the ctrl-q on the keyboard. With the application up and highlighted, click ctrl-q.

If not, my E-105 has a "System" icon under the "Settings" menu. There it has a "Task Manager" tab. I can select the application and "End Task".

Hope it helps...

Flatspin

The Cassiopeia comes with BTask, so I guess it's the equivelant of the HP program. I guess it's just one of the quirks of the CE OS. All the MS stuff looks similar, just have to learn about eaches quirks.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

You don't mention why you want to shut down a programme? I thought the whole point of Pocket PC was that you don't have to do this and that the OS will shut down any unused programmes if it need more space. However, I've recently started using the platform (2 weeks ago) and my first softweare purchase, Gigabar, has a programme closer, along with the OK button that's often missing and loads of other stuff. I can't remember the URL but a search should find it. Hope this helps.

ileacy

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.gigabar.com>http://www.gigabar.com</A>

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have a Dell Axim, and it comes with an app called Switcher Bar that gives you a drop-down menu and some options for closing apps. I have heard of third party helps like gigabar. My old Toshiba e335 had a tab off of Home called "Running Programs" from which one could close things. I think the Dell also has a place for closing programs under System/Power.