2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

proper comand line (outlook 2000)

I am trying to set up my internet service so that when I start up it will automatically get my mail. I have the "program file"line to read Crogram files microsoft officeofficeoutlook.exe. The "arguments" line reads -mail P"Default" This however does not work. If I hit the "reset to default" The info it shows is for outlook express which I no longer use and want to delete by the way. That line reads Crogra~1OUTLOO~1msimn.exe
    Thank you in advance for all the help
    Bill

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: proper comand line (outlook 2000)

Bill, are you sure that switch is a valid Outlook (OL) command? I haven't ever seen it documented. Are you setting up an OL shortcut in the Startup folder of Windows? Are you using OL 2000 in DUN mode? If so, have you set your DUN up to dial automatically when OL starts up? That would be the general way I would approach your objective.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Why not just add Outlook to your startup folder, and have Outlook check for new mail on open. But you will need that have a internet connection made also.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

You do not state which "flavour" of Outlook 2000 you are using. <UL><LI>If you are using Internet Mail Only, there is a checkbox in Tools|Options|Mail Delivery|Mail Account Options (part the way down) marked "Send messages immediately when connected". This has the effect of polling the mail server as soon as you open Outlook. <LI>If you are using Corporate Workgroup mode, under Tools|Options|Mail Services|Mail Options (again, part the way down), there is a box to check for new internet mail. Having this box checked normally results in your polling the mail server as soon as you open Outlook.[/list]HTH
    Gre