Lounger
    Thanks

RunApp Macro (A97)

Hello all,
    I want to create a RunApp macro that can be called from a switchboard command button. The macro would open winword.exe and then open a specific file. I can get the macro to open Word and eventually open the document, but I get an error message that says: "Word cannot open the document. Try one or more of the following: *On the file menu click Open, *Make sure the document has a .doc extension" Any ideas how to get rid of this message?

Thanks,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: RunApp Macro (A97)

If you don't know the drive letter, you will need to know the UNC path to the document, i.e. a path of the form serversharefolder(s)file. The command line for the macro would look like this:

"C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeWinword.exe" "CompanyServerSalesDeptShareWordFolder2003Invoice. dot"

with the appropriate names substituted of course. This will OPEN the template, not create a new document based on the template.

Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

Got that part down now, but it's giving me an error...see my first post (edited) for description.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Before trying other things, make absolutely sure that you have no typing errors in the path and/or filename, and that you have quotes around the path/filename, as in my previous reply. If your path and/or filename contain spaces or other "unusual" characters, RunApp will choke on the path/filename otherwise.

Lounger
    Thanks

I had to rename the file on the network (taking out spaces) and it now works fine...

Thanks,