Lounger
    Thanks

emailout (Outlook 2000 SP3)

Hi - I'm trying to do an emailout to approx 45 people with 1 attachment (PDF file so not large). All addresses come back as "no transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient". I have used at least six individually so know they're correct and don't understand why all are coming back at me - I thought just the incorrect ones would??? Is it something in my settings or an Outlook specific problem??

I've checked the Outlook posts (up to page 30) and can't find anything relevant - is there no search icon or am I just missing it?? ie having a REALLY bad day!!!

I need to send this asap and have no way of cross-checking addresses - if I don't hear from someone soon will have to do few-at-a-time mailouts trying to pick up errors that way. Or worse, do them individually - so here's hoping for a quick response from a night owl - smiles. Kathy (Oz)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: emailout (Outlook 2000 SP3)

Hi Kathy,

Unfortunately, the search facility in Woody's Lounge has been down for a while because of server overload.

The problem you mention seems to have many possible causes, so it's hard to say which one applies here. See:
    OL2000: Error Message: No Transport Provider Was Available for Delivery to This Recipient
    OL2000: (CW) Error Message: "No Transport Provider" Sending to cc:Mail Mailing Lists (only when using Outlook as client with a Lotus Notes post office)
    Two other MSKB articles mention this error; they are both about using Outlook as Exchange client:
    <!mskb=245446>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 245446<!/mskb> and <!mskb=268324>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 268324<!/mskb>.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks so much Hans - I've looked at the links but not sure it's related to my problem - doesn't help that I'm not all that technical minded but I think in this instance it's something to do with an error in one of the addresses because I have a mini group within the larger email group that I can send to with no problems. Trouble is as I said I've no way of checking the addresses. Looks like I'll have to do it in minibatches to try and weed out the problem addresses - at least not a humungous list to begin with - thanks again...Kathy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I agree that, tedious as it is, sending out the e-mails in small batches is probably your best bet. The MSKB articles do look rather technical.