3 Star Lounger
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Transactions and Reports (Access97 on win95b)

I have just come across transactions and like the concept....BUT

I enter timecard information and then process it to a point and then pull a report to check total daily hours worked. If there is an error, I currently run 3 del queries that remove the information added, correct it and then start the processing again. I incorporated the transaction concept to get away from the delete queries but find that my report doesn't include the current info as it hasn't been written yet. How can I get a report based on the transaction workspace so that I can then decide if I want to Commit it or do a Rollback?
    "Heading for the deep end"

Plutonium Lounger
    Sacramento, California, USA

Re: Transactions and Reports (Access97 on win95b)

Sorry, but you're trying to use transactions in ways they weren't intended to be used. The purpose of a transaction is to prevent partial updates, so that nothing is written until everything is processed and valid. If you don't commit the transaction, there is no way to pull a report that reflects it.

One alternative is to populate a temporary table instead of trying to use transactions. Base your report on the temp table, and once the data is as you want it, then update the real tables.