5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

SendTo Menu Toy (XP)

With my previous OS--I think it was part of that version's PowerToys--on my Send To menu (right-click any file), I had an option to send to "any folder." When I released the mouse on "Any folder..." a dialogue box appeared, asking me where I wanted to copy (or move?) the given data.

Now that I'm using XP, I no longer have this SendTo toy, nor is it available with XP's PowerToys.

Does anyone know if it's available somewhere for XP? Or does anyone know how I can recreate this great toy?

Thanks so much!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SendTo Menu Toy (XP)

Jon--

You can get and use every version of Power Toys or Tweak UI in Windows XP. I have Tweak UI 1.33 and didn't see it anywhere in that. I have Tweak UI XP also and they both work. Could this be what you're looking for? I don't know what flavor your previous OS was. For curiosity what were your previous OS's so I can figure out and find which power toy you were using. You almost told me. I'm going to guess you had Windows 98 and used the Send to X Powertoy for 98.

Check out these--I think the first one will give you what you need. Let me know if it does and what were your previous OS's

Using the Send to X Powertoy in Windows XP
    Windows Powertoys for 95 through XP
    Send to X 1.2 This baby says it's not for use on computers running 98, and it's on a Windows NT site.
    PC Mike's Power Toys
    Gareth Saunders' Power Toy Registry Tweaks with Win 98 Send To Power Toy Bug Fix
    Info on Send to X in Windows 98
    Windows 98 Send to Menu Customizations from Serenity Macros
    Send to Toys Free from Gabriel Ponti
    Xteq's X-Setup 6.3
    Win 98 Tips and Tricks Including Send To
    Windows 98 Computer Tips
    XPert's Xchange: Tweak UI Send To Power-Toy for Windows 98
    Power of Right Click Send To Win 98

SMBP

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

If you like improving Windows XP, and it begs for it. and Office XP/2003 and they beg for it, check out Sending Links by Email from Diane Poremsky form her excellent site www.Poremsky.com.

SMBP

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi,

I think it was Win98 SE. Thanks for those links--so many! I downloaded the INF and DLL from the first one, and everything works. Thanks again!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Jon_Rick on 16-Jul-03 23:40. )</P>Cool site; thanks for the link.

One last thing: I know you can delete items from the New right-click menu using the TweakUI PowerToy.

But how do you delete items from the Send To right-click menu? Thanks again!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Jon:

These will work:

1) Remove Item Types from Menu
    2) Customizing Right-Click Menu Options in Windows
    3) From Kelly's XP Korner :
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Right Click Context Menus - Deleting entries

Click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Go to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT*OpenWithList
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT*shellexContextMenuHandlers
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTDirectoryshell
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTDirectoryshellexContextMenuHandle rs
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTDriveshell
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTDriveshellexContextMenuHandlers
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTFoldershell
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTFoldershellexContextMenuHandlers

You can also go to a specific File extension (example: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.txtShellNew) and right click on the ShellNew key and select Delete, if the item shows up in the New context menu.

Expand the above branch and look through the sub-keys. Locate the one that corresponds to the entry you wish to remove and right click that sub-key and select Edit.

You may wish to right click the desired sub-key and select Export. This will create a REG file that you can double click to re-import the information, if you find out you deleted the wrong one, or want it back.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

SMBP