3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Compare Month and Year in QueryDef (Access 2000)

I have a form which is used to get data based on the month and year the user has selected. In my query, I have a column called InvoiceDateIn which is a date (in the short date format) and I would like to do a comparision of the month and year with the value selected from a form. How can I get compare just the month and the year of the column InvoiceDateIn?

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Compare Month and Year in QueryDef (Access 2000)

There are two ways you can do this:

1. Add columns InvoiceMonth: Month([InvoiceDateIn]) and InvoiceYear: Year([InvoiceDateIn]) and compare these to the month and year selected by the user. Set the criteria to something like Forms!frmWhatever!txtMonth and Forms!frmWhatever!txtYear where frmWhatever is the name of the form and txtMonth and txtYear are the names of the controls in which the user selects month and year.

- or -

2. Add a column InVoiceMonth: DateSerial(Year([InvoiceDateIn]), Month([InvoiceDateIn]), 1). This will contain the first day of the month of InvoiceDateIn. Set the criteria to DateSerial(Forms!frmWhatever!txtYear, Forms!frmWhatever!txtMonth, 1) with the same notation as above.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Compare Month and Year in QueryDef (Access 2000)

Awesome [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks