2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Column format and Page Break (Access 2002 )

Please forgive me for asking a question that might have been asked already but the search function has been disabled for quite a while now.

I have two reports that I would like to combine into one report, so I can print them at the same time and I created a blank report without any data source, inserted two reports as sub-reports and inserted a page break in between those two reports.

Since both reports are in two-column formats and they work fine when theyr'e viewed individually, but it stops working in the main report and resumes the two-column view after the page break! If I remove the page break, then it works just fine...I tried switching the subreports and same thing happens, the first subreport before page break refuses to show two columns while the subreport AFTER the break works fine. When I remove the page break, both reports work fine...but I can't force the second subreport to print on its own page instead of ending up on the same page as the previous sub-report. Why is this happening?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Column format and Page Break (Access 2002 )

Hi Brent,

I can't explain why this happens only to the first subreport. There is a Knowledge Base article ACC2000: Only a Single Column Is Printed in a Subreport with Multiple Columns that states that a multi-column subreport that is set to print down, then across will print as a single column, because pagination is handled by the main report, not by the subreport. The solution (or workaround, if you wish) is to set the subreport to print across, then down. But the behavior you describe is different. Still, you might try setting both subreports to print across, then down.

On the other hand, you can print the two reports in succession using a tiny bit of code. The following two lines could be in the On Click code of a command button on a form:

DoCmd.OpenReport "rptFirstReport"
    DoCmd.OpenReport "rptSecondReport"

This will cause both reports to be sent to the printer.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Column format and Page Break (Access 2002 )

Thanks for the link. I tried it out, it worked fine but I'm listing addresses, so it is being listed across the page instead of going down first. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] I decided to go with your suggestion in creating a button and having it print both documents with a click of mouse.

Brent