2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Function Errors (Access 2000)

Somthing has happened to my database and I am getting numerous errors, all of which appear to be related to normal functions that are used in Access. For example the following functions are not working...Format$ ABS ISNULL. It appears that the libraries are not working?? When I try to view code in the VBA IDE, I get code for most of the forms, however when I try to view code for a couple of the reports I get a message that states Invalid file format. While I can view code for some of the forms and reports, I cannot for others. I have tried compact and repair and detect and repair and have checked the libraries and all that I had before are still checked. I have tried to import the objects into a new database but get an error when importing those particular reports. I have also uninstalled office and reinstalled it but it appears that the mdb file is corrupted.

I am getting an error that states Invalid data format as well. The whole thing appears shot.

Any suggestions?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Function Errors (Access 2000)

If you can't import some reports into a new database, you can be 99.99% certain that those reports are corrupt, and possibly other objects in your database as well. If you have a recent backup copy you could (after making a copy of the copy for safety) delete all tables and import them from the corrupt database. If you're lucky the data will be intact. If you don't have a backup, I fear that you'll have to create the reports anew.

Good luck! These things always come at the wrong moment...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Luckily I just got in touch with a fellow employee that has a replica of the database that has not been replicated since the problems arose this morning. I am hoping that I will be able to recover the design master from this replica and import the tables from the most current corrupted version and reconstruct the changes I made since Sunday.

Thanks Hans

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you have a replicated database that is not split into front and back ends, you are asking for trouble. Design changes get replicated before data changes, which can bite you seriously if you make design changes to the tables. Not only that, but since code containers (forms, report, modules) are more prone to corruption than tables, you can reduce some of the potential for trouble by replicating a backend and simply distributing copies of the front end to the users.
    Charlotte