New Lounger
    Thanks

MAPI Mail In OL-XP (XP)

I am aware of a "hack" to get Microsoft Mail (MAPI) to work in Outlook XP but I have been unable to find much help. Could anyone here get me started in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
    GordL

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MAPI Mail In OL-XP (XP)

A MAPI Engine underlies the e-mail capabilities of Outlook, run TaskManager and you'll see the MAPI process. Do you mean the old Microsoft Mail program? That Mail program has been supplanted by Outlook Express, which works better than Outlook as a standalone e-mail client. Can you be more specific? (The Lounge does not condone or permit discussions on illegal software hacking.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi John

Thanks for your reply. It is the old Microsoft Mail service in OL that I am working on. ("wgpo0000" located on our NT4 domain controller). I am in a mixed environment of OL98/2K/XP. About a year ago we added an OL-XP machine to our network and I recall finding a file and a procedure to install the Microsoft Mail service into OL-XP. Unfortunately my notes and the floppy disk have been misplaced. I am now faced with the same situation again with only the hazy recollection of how to do this. I think it was a Microsoft KB article. Can you help?

Thanks in advance
    GordL

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Leif

Thank you very much for the links. The third one is exactly what I was looking for. (I remember the page from about a year ago.) Everything is now safely stored on my server where it will not go astray again.

Best regards
    GordL