3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Child window size and position (2000 (?&XP))

I have not changed anything knowingly, but my work laptop (running 2000) has suddenly started opening child windows less then full screen. Some of the office help screens start with just the title bar showing. I use the word "child" in a totally lay sense (just in case this is a technical term).

I have checked the equivalent on my machine at home to find a mixed pattern (XP Home).

Closing these windows when maximised does not seem to port those settings to the next opening. Am I in control of the way 2nd and 3rd generation windows open, and where.

Thanks

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Child window size and position (2000 (?&XP))

Mike--

Usually when this question comes up I say this: Take the "child" and manually resize it and then close while holding down the Ctrl key and for good measure do this with an open Windows Explore Window for good measure since they're so related. Other people have other ways to try to get the window size remembered, but I'd lilke to pose 2 places in the Registry, that may or may not have anything to do with making generalized IE Window size stick:

One is HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerDocument Windows
    but I suspect modifying these values may not extrapolate to all IE Windows. You do have values that are maximize (my default value here is "no" and I'm not having any problem getting window size to stick....right now.

The other place is
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVe rsionApplets
    and the subkey is FreeCell, but I don't know what to do with these values here that might impact Window Size. I do know the tip that here you can adjust the regedit window size.

Maybe R2 or some others who like to dig into IE registry settings know a way to make window size stick from the Registry or somewhere else.

SMBP

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Child window size and position (2000 (?&XP))

Mike--

I have been going through my collection of IE and XP tweakers (could take me a while) to see if there are any settings in them to impact Window Size. Xteq's X-Setup has a setting for remembering Window Size using a plug-in. You could always try it. There are settings for height and width that you can configure as well there.

Ed/SMBP: I didn't see an adjustment for this in any of the Tweak UI's I use (1.33 and XP), but there may well be some more in IE tweakers and XP tweakers--at least here's one to try if the above suggestion for resize>close/Ctrl Key doesn't do it.

SMBP