Lounger
    Thanks

Highlights table (97)

I have an access database which downloads information about sales into tables. There is a form in the database which displays the the information on a particular sale to the user. Each sale contains hundreds of cards which provide info on a certain area of the sale. I want to add a check box to the form (which displays the cards) allowing the user to check the box if the card is considered critical, using this information, I then wish to create a new table (for export into yet another database) that contains only the "highlights" of the sale. I'm having alot of trouble coming up with a way of achieving this, if anyone could help me out I would be grateful.
    Thanks in advance

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Highlights table (97)

You could add a Yes/No field named Critical to the table. The check box would be bound to this field.

Create a query that selects all cards for a particular sale. Make sure that the Critical field is included and enter True in the criteria row in the Critical column; you can uncheck the Show check box for this column. Then, turn this query into a Make-Table Query (use the Query menu) and specify a name for the table to be created.
    When you execute the query, only critical records will be copied into the new table.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, the only problem I have with doing it that way is that the make table query is pasting 0 rows into the new table, how do I make it so that if the checkbox is ticked then the info of that card is included in the new table?
    Thanks very much!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

What happens if you open the make-table query in design view, then switch to datasheet view? If you don't see any records, there must be something wrong either with the Yes/No field or with the design of the query.

If you open the source table, are the appropriate records checked?