Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error message access form data (AccessXP)

If "The Microsoft Jet database engine does not recognize !Forms!frmReports!txtStart! as a valid field name or expression" is the literal error message you get, you must have put an extra ! in, because !Forms is not correct syntax.

It this is just a mistake in copying the error message to this post, try the following:
    Open the first query in design view.
    Select Query | Parameters...
    Enter [Forms]![frmReports]![txtStart] and set the data type to Date/Time.
    Enter [Forms]![frmReports]![txtEnd] in the second row and set the data type to Date/Time.
    Click OK, then close and save the first query.
    Repeat this for the second query.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Error message access form data (AccessXP)

I am trying to preview a report from a form. The report is based on a query which is based on another query. I put this Between [Forms]![frmReports]![txtStart] And [Forms]![frmReports]![txtEnd] in the first query. On the form I put in valid dates and get the error message "The Microsoft Jet database engine does not recognize 'Forms!frmReports!txtStart' as a valid field name or expression" The first query will work fine. This is the query holding the Between And statement noted above. It is the seond query that will not operate. I have replaced the command button. I have created the expression with the Expression builder. I have made individual buttons for each of the queries and the second query is the one that doesn't work. Any ideas. I have tried searching the the KB and Freeanswers but I don't see the answer.

Thanks Fay

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for responding Hans. Unfortunately it did not work. It returned the result for the complete database. It didn't limit the result at all.

Fay

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I do hope you still have Between [Forms]![frmReports]![txtStart] And [Forms]![frmReports]![txtEnd] as criteria for the relevant date field - just declaring [Forms]![frmReports]![txtStart] and [Forms]![frmReports]![txtEnd] as parameters won't restrict the records returned.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks I got it to work. I had tried what you said once before but it didn't work. So I redid it all and it is working now. Thanks. Fay