3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Input box, Customize (Access 2000)

Can you customize the form button or positioning on a input box? If not, how can you get the code to break while the focus goes to another form (which would act as an input button).?

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Input box, Customize (Access 2000)

I'm sorry; I don't understand. It's too hot here today, so I'm sure it's me, but could you try to explain what you want more clearly?

What is a form button? And what is an input button?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The function inputbox (you know, the one like msgbox, (but you can enter one value) I was wondering if you can customize the two default buttons that come with the function (OK and Cancel) in terms of visibility and position. If you can't, I would make a form that would popup like an inputbox. The only thing is when I call that popup form, and set the focus on it, I would like to stop the execution of the code on the page that I was just at, until the user enters a value in the popup form and the focus returns to the main form [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] I am not sure how to halt my code.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by charlotte on 19-Jul-03 08:42. Additional information was posted while this post was being composed.)</P>If you are talking about the dialog that pops up with you use something like this:

varParamValue = InputBox(prompt[, title] [, default] [, xpos] [, ypos] [, helpfile, context])

There are optional arguments for the X and Y position of the input box relative to the upper left corner of the screen, measured in twips. You cannot do anything about the buttons.
    Charlotte

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Charlotte has already posted a reply about InputBox.

If you design a custom input form, call it with a WindowMode argument (the sixth argument) acDialog. This will pause the calling code until the user has closed the custom input form. Example:

DoCmd.OpenForm FormName:="frmMyInputForm", WindowMode:=acDialog

or

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmMyInputForm", , , , , acDialog

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Awesome, the acDialog was what I was looking for [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks