Star Lounger
    Thanks

82801 BA/BAM USB Host

In my LittlePC an Intel 82801 BA/BAM chipset is used, supplying the USB host controller function. I have one USB device which does not function fully and intermittently. The same device functions fine on all other PC's I tried. I have been searching the internet and found reference to changing the device driver to 82801 AB/BAM (note: AB vs BA), but I cannot find any source for this driver. I am running winXP Pro (SP1). Does anybody have any solution or suggestion??? Thanks.

Banned Member
    Thanks

Re: 82801 BA/BAM USB Host

Have you searched Intell's Site? I seen references to the 82801AB there but I need more Information on your System and Motherboard, CPU and Chipset, to be able to search it correctly. Here is thier Tech Support Site Intell

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 82801 BA/BAM USB Host

Cowboy, thanks for the inf. Yes, I did check Intel's site and did not find any significant info on the 82801AB. In the meantime I found that I probably (I am not at this computer now) can find the driver using the 'update driver' - 'let me choose' and list all devices to setup this computer to use the 82801AB driver. Hopefully it will work, and enable me to use that c-card reader. By the way I am talking about a LittlePC (LPC-301, www.littlepc.com) with an intel 815 chipset. No, the folks at littlePC could not help me and sofar I got no reply from the guys at C-map.