Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Tip: Increase Capacity To 10 Downloads in XP (Win XPP SP1 IE6SP1)

This comes from Woody's (*Last) Windows XP

* Woody is going to merge his Windows XP Newsletter with Woody's Windows Watch, so if you want to get the XP info make sure you're subscribed to WWW from now on.

This is especially timesaving if you're on a BB connection, and avoids the myriad spyware and dysfunctional baggage of a lot of the download accelerators. I know some have their favorite download accelerators, and multi-download apps that they like.

Ref: 282402: How to Configure Windows Explorer 5X and 6.0 to Have More Than Two Download Sessions

SMBP

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tip: Increase Capacity To 10 Downloads in XP (Win XPP SP1 IE6SP1)

Hmm. I thought having more than two simultaneous downloads (in NT it used to be four, I think?) violated some RFC or other?

Thanks for the tip about the disappearing XP newsletter - sometimes these newsletters get trapped by our mail gateway -- I certainly didn't get the one you pointed to!
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

<hr>I thought having more than two simultaneous downloads (in NT it used to be four, I think?) violated some RFC or other?<hr>
    Yup, it does, specifically RFC 2068. But it can be controlled by the server at the other end as well, so I don't know how big a deal it really is. Microsoft seems to imply in their KB article that it's an outdated standard and - I love this - 'could be restrictive.'
    -Mark

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

As a promiscuous downloader of free programs, I know a quick way to test it soon.

SMBP