5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Creating a Subform Table Source (2000)

Seemingly simple, as always, problem. Here
    Cheers,
    Andy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Creating a Subform Table Source (2000)

I assume that you have some kind of Personnel ID field in Table One; I would use that instead of Name in Table Two.

In the subform based on Table Two, make the control bound to Personnel ID (or Name, if you prefer) a combo box, with Table One as row source, or, better still, a query based on Table One that sorts the personnel by department and then by name. You can hide the PersonnelID column by setting its column width to 0.

Note: If you use a single form as subform, as opposed to a continuous form, you can use cascading combo boxes: first a combo box to select the department, then a combo box to select an employee from the chosen department.

Does this give you enough ideas to start with, or would you like more detailed assistance? If so, please indicate for which part.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    Thank you for the very quick response. I've taken a quick look and tried to duplicate what you've suggested and it is very close. Unfortunately, I have to go to my friendly dentist in the next couple of minutes, so I will definetly get back to you this afternoon.
    Thanks again,

Andy
    Cheers,
    Andy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans:
    Haven't quite figured out what I was doing incorrectly before, but it doesn't matter, because your approach worked perfectly. The one thing that I hadn't mentioned that seemed to give me some problems was the fact that the tables are in the backend, but it still went OK. Thanks again for your help,
    Andy
    Cheers,
    Andy