Thread: LDAP (XP)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: LDAP

i couldn't get it to work either, but a friend did.

how are you accessing it? if you need to logon, you may need to use servernameuser format.

bailes

Thank you for the response. I don't have to log onto the server. In any case, the server is another machine in my network. How did your friend get it to work?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

i'll have to dig up his email telling me how, but i still couldn't get it to work.

jls37

I an running the release version and am having the same problem. I did see this problem on MS Technet. Has any come up with an explanaition?

Jeff Senter

bailes

LDAP (XP)

I'm using Outlook 2002 Beta 2 (build 2511) issued just a few days before the "gold code". I know it is replete with bugs. I haven't seen anyone mention a bug with LDAP, but I can't get LDAP to work on 2002 with exactly the same settings as I'm using on another computer with Outlook 2000 where it works fine. The 2002 version says I have insufficient permission to browse the directory. Anyone know whether this is a bug, a feature, or whether LDAP access requires something more in 2002 than in 2000.

Anyone know where there is a complete list of "known" issues with Outlook 2002?

Lounger
    Thanks

I wanted to bring this thread back up, since we're trying to get Outlook XP to work with our LDAP server, and having no luck. Any pointers on how to get Outlook 2002 to work with an LDAP server would be greatly appreciated. --Chris