Thread: 2000

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I had a computer that had Windows Me and I formatted the the hard drive and put 2000 on it. Everyting works great except for the modem. It's suppossed to be an "ITU V90 56k Fax Modem" but Windows 2000 won' t recognize it.
    Google hasn't been of any help.
    I appreciate any help you can give.

Banned Member
    Thanks

Re: 2000

Who makes it? There are several different ITU 56K Fax Modems.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

If you can't get the model as Cowboy suggested, try to find out what the chipset is on the modem. Typically, you can download a generic driver for Rockwell based modems, among other types. Prepare thyself, this may mean powering down, yanking the modem, and looking at the little green board (if it's internal).

You can also take a look at DriverGuide and search drivers submitted by members. Click on the Members link; the logon info is drivers/all. Note - I'm distributing this because it seems to be a widely known login that's been around for quite a few years now. If someone finds that this isn't kosher, holler!
    -Mark

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I hate to look stupid, but I do it so often...I thought ITU was the manufacturer. Thanks for your reply...I'll crack the box open tomorrow and find out.

Banned Member
    Thanks

Mark you are correct. driversall has been the link info for along time for everybody. It's pretty well known. I search there all the time. It's a great site for Drivers and they have revamped it and made it even better and easier to read.

Sates, let us know what you find out about the card. I had already looked on DriverGuide, and as I said there are all kinds, and I would of had to of had a little more info to find the best one for your Modem.