Alphawolf53

I need value in cell to determine the color

I can't figure out how to change the color of a cell to correspond to a set of values in that cell.
    exsample - Cell should be green if value is =>80 or yellow if value is =>60 but <80 or red if <60.

HELP !!!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: I need value in cell to determine the color

You can change the color depending on the cell's contents using Format >> Conditional Formatting. You have up to 3 criteria.

Alphawolf53

Hans, Sorry but I must be as dumb as a box of rocks!!! Can you give me an example.

Thanks for you time !!!!!
    Bruce

Alphawolf53

Hans, I am as dumb as a box of rocks. Thanks for your help ...I did finally figure out what you were telling me.

Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks

One way is to use 3 cells. Format 1 cell for the low value, 1 for the middle, and 1 for the high. Use IF statements in each formatted cell to give you the value or "" as appropriate. Then use the Paste Picture link. Copy each cell one at a time and paste them to the same location in the workbook. With no fill on the pictures, only one will have an image for a given value, because on one of the formatted cells will have a value at a given time. Somewhat complicated but it works.

You can use Excel's custom formats but they only work for positive;negative; and zero values. So you would need to adjust your formulas to get things to work