Lounger
    Thanks

VB Error on Print

Hi - I am trying to print a Word document from a disc by selecting the document, choosing file, and print (without actually opening the document) One particular machine I do this on gives me the following error "Ambiguous name detected: TmpDDE" Anyone have any suggestions as to what is happening here and why? THanks - Gail

Thanks

Re: VB Error on Print

Only thing I could find that might help was this:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q212/6/73.ASP>Q212673</A>

New Lounger
    Thanks

I saw the the TempDDE error a lot when working at a law firm. Basically Word thinks that there should be an autorecover file which it can't fine. All you need to do is to remove the TempDDE module and everything should then work fine.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thomas,

Funny you should mention the TempDDE error and law firms. Just yesterday, I was having a problem using the mail merge features of a legal case managment system called TimeMatters.

TM is a very nice package, but I do not like their merge system because it puts modules in normal.dot without asking permission. The module in question was TempDDE and it produced a fatal VBA error. Every time I chose "Debug", it put me into the TempDDE module. This happens frequently with TM->Word merges, but not always.

Is the the problem you were talking about? Can you please describe it and any solutions in more detail?