Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Forumla Needed (2000)

I have stripped down database with a query and the DB tables. I need to be able to find the balance remaining in a [Amount] from tblPayment after all allocations have been made to various invoices from the payment. The purpose is the be able to create an error report that the user can run to be sure that they have applied the total [Amount] from each payment and do not have a balance remaining or have applied more money than was paid.

Thanks,
    Leesha
    Attached Files Attached Files

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Forumla Needed (2000)

Try this Leesha:

SELECT PayID, Amount, DSum("AmountAllocated","tblPaymentAllocations","Pa yID=" & PayID) as AmtAllocated
    FROM tblPayment
    WHERE (tblPayment.Amount <> DSum("AmountAllocated","tblPaymentAllocations","Pa yID=" & PayID))

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Pat,

When I added your code to the query I'm using for this report I get an error message that the specified field paymentId could refer to more than one field. It's in tblPaymentAllocations and tblPayment.

Thanks,
    Leesha

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

So which one do you want it to refer to? You have to prefix it with the table name.
    eg. use tblPaymentAllocations.paymentId or tblPayment.paymentId

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Uhm, it doesn't matter to me. Do you have a suggestion or does it matter?

Leesha

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Use tblPayment if you are using the query I suggested above.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Ugh!! Still getting an error. Here's the SQL I tried.

SELECT tblBilling.AccountID, tblDemographics.[LastName/BusinessName], [Salutation] & " " & [FirstName] & " " & [MiddleInitial] & " " & [LastName/BusinessName] & " " & [Suffix] AS Expr1, tblBilling.InvoiceNo, tblBilling.InvoiceTotal, tblPaymentAllocations.AmountAllocated, [InvoiceTotal]-[AmountAllocated]-Val(nz(DSum("AmountAllocated","tblPaymentAllocatio ns","InvoiceNoReference=" & tblPaymentAllocations.InvoiceNoReference & " AND PayAllocID <" & tblPaymentAllocations.PayAllocID),0)) AS Balance, tblPayment.Amount, tblPayment.DatePaid, DSum("AmountAllocated","tblPaymentAllocations","tb lPayment.PayID=" & [tblPayment].[PayID]) AS AmtAllocated, tblPayment.PayID
    FROM tblPayment INNER JOIN (tblDemographics INNER JOIN (tblBilling INNER JOIN tblPaymentAllocations ON tblBilling.InvoiceNo = tblPaymentAllocations.InvoiceNoReference) ON tblDemographics.AccountID = tblBilling.AccountID) ON tblPayment.PayID = tblPaymentAllocations.PayID
    WHERE (((tblPayment.Amount)<>DSum("AmountAllocated","tbl PaymentAllocations","tblPayment.PayID=" & "tblPayment. [PayID]")))
    ORDER BY tblDemographics.[LastName/BusinessName], tblBilling.InvoiceNo;

Leesha

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Replace your entire query with the one I proposed earlier. Your query relates to invoices which has nothing to do with allocations of payments.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Pat, the one you gave me earlier doesn't contain all the fields I need for the report. I posted the query and report earlier in the thread so you could see what the report looks like. The problem with the report is that I can't get it to open to show Payments that are <> zero because there is nothing in the query that accomplishes this.

Leesha

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

My query should show the differences. You can change my query to show the tblDemographics data, but you can't show invoices in this query since it just shows Payments and the Allocations on them.