Thanks

Document not saved (Excel 2000 SR1)

Many times when I try to save my wonderful printer database, I get the message "Document not saved". This doesn't happen all the time, and I've come to save it both before and after I make changes, so nothing usually gets lost, but when it DOES happen, it negates the recover function so that any changes I may have made since last saving it are gone forever when I restart Excel.
    Any idea what may be causing this? Is it some sort of bug in Excel, or possibly an indication that my file is corrupt?

Thanks -
    Have a cookie -

Don

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Document not saved (Excel 2000 SR1)

There might be some kind of corruption in the workbook. Try transferring the data to a fresh new workbook. Don't copy entire worksheets - that might bring the corruption with it - but copy the "used range" of each worksheet. If you have formulas referring to other worksheets, you will probably have to modify the formulas to refer to the new workbook; this can be done with Find and Replace.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Document not saved (Excel 2000 SR1)

What sometimes may clear workbook corruptions is to save-as the workbook as filetype HTML.

BTW: XL2000 has no recovery options. You either have XP (2002), which does have recovery options, or could use my Autosafe from the Excel MVP page below.

Anti-virus software sometimes also interferes with XL's saving process. Maybe you should try disabling the office plugin?
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association