2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

write conflict (accessxp)

I created a form with two subforms on it. The form and subforms link via ODBC to three tables on a sql 2000 server. When I update the subforms I receive an Write Conflict error stating that the record has been changed by another user since I started editing it and asking if I want to copy to clipboard or discard my changes. There is only one other user with access to the application and my form errors out every time. Any idea what is causing this? Thank you. -scott

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: write conflict (accessxp)

Are any of your subforms linked to the same table/view? Are you using code form one of the subforms or the parent form to change values in one of the other subforms? Either of those will cause the problem.
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: write conflict (accessxp)

Thank you for your reply. I am now getting the same write conflict error on two linked sql tables when accessing the table directly (not through any form). I can add new records but not edit or delete, and only for these two tables, none of the rest. I have rebooted the sql server, deleted and recreated the tables and still the error persists. The sql server permissions /owner on these tables are the same for all the other tables which work fine.
    thank you for any help. - scott