Silver Lounger
    Thanks

MS Virtual Machine

In searching for Microsoft's Virtual Machine (build 3805 or better) I have found several sites that the VM can be downloaded from. Unfortunately the file description being downloaded does not distinguish between W95/98, W2K or XP versions. All I really need is the W2K version.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MS Virtual Machine

John--

A couple links in t his thread will give it to you. See
    IE 6 and Java: Internet Explorer Lounge Thread July 21 '03.

<A target="_blank" HREF="http://java-virtual-machine.net/download.html">MS VM and Sun VM Download Links Available at
    www.java-virtual-machine.net.download.html</A>

Microsoft discontinued their sites; they are providing security patches until January 1, 2004 and then they are stopping all support or updates. So I don't know precisely with Sun developing, and IBM developing, and developers being encouraged by all three companies and so many xml applications that work with JAVA VM applications what whether you will be able to what extent you will be able to use the MS VM after that date. If security flaws were found, you wouldn't have patches for them from Microsoft, but maybe you could use it. I'm sure that MS will continue to provide info at their sites as will the other companies.

SMBP