2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Find files.. (2002/SP2)

I recently switched all our PCs from Office 97 to OfficeXP. I'm trying to see if one feature that was on 97 exists on XP. In Word 97 when you click on open files at the bottom of the list of files there was a quick find files that match these criteria box. It was a quick way to find a file with the name "Smith" in it. Office XP does not have that quick search method at the bottom of the open file list. I know you can do a search to find the file but it is a much more involved process.

Is there a setting or method to get the fast find file option at the bottom of the open file list like in Office 97?

Thanks

Paul

Thanks

Re: Find files.. (2002/SP2)

In Office 2000 and 2002, the old File Find feature was moved to the Tools drop-down that you can access from the upper part of the File>Open dialog.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Find files.. (2002/SP2)

Hi Paul,

FWIW, the facility to display the list of files in the current folder whose names match a pattern is still there in WD2002 but it seems that you have to use wildcard characters. E.g. Smth* to display files whose names start with "Smith", *Smith* to display files whose names contain "Smith" etc.

Regards.

Ed