Results 1 to 2 of 2
2003-07-25, 21:01 #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2002
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Strange Word/Outlook Interaction (Word 2000/XP)
I've got an application which opens Word and then loads an addin. I've just noticed that, if you start Outlook after my application has started, and if you've set Word as your email editor in Outlook, then Outlook seems to inherit the addin. (I can tell this because of the toolbar buttons which appear in new email messages). Then, when I shut down my app, the addin stays loaded in Outlook--which I don't want. So I tried unloading the addin before exiting my app, which gets rid of the addin but leads to other strangeness: despite the fact that I've called application.quit from my code, an empty Word window appears. If I hit Alt-F11, I find that this window has an "email" template project loaded. Then, when I close the empty Word window, and close Outlook, I still see Winword running in the task manager.
So I have several questions:
1. Is there anyway to prevent Outlook from attaching to already running version of Word?
2. Where is this empty Word window coming from after I exit from my app, and how can I get rid of it?
3. When I close the empty Word window and close Outlook, why is there still a Winword running?
2003-07-28, 13:46 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Re: Strange Word/Outlook Interaction (Word 2000/XP)
Question has been reposted in the Outlook Forum, in <post#=278717>post 278717</post#>.
To avoid duplication and confusion, all replies there, please. I am locking this thread.