Lounger
    Thanks

Can the date of sent mail be changed ???

Is there a way to change the date of sent mail in Outlook ?

My brother-in-law was having trouble with his PC ( a virus ??? )and the somehow date on the PC was changed a few times. Now the problem is that any email that he sent during this period is stamped with the wrong date; in some cases it is dated in 2005. It is important that the corect date be on the email on his PC.

I have been to the Microsoft site and checked the KB but can't find any info. Aside from changing the date on the PC and resending the email I cannot think how to do it. I have utilities for changing file properties, but I am not sure if the individual mail messages can be accessed. I suspect not.

Is there anyone out there who can help ???

Thanks in advance,
    Don

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can the date of sent mail be changed ???

no, the dates are not editable. do all the dates show the wrong date? (modified, received and sent)

you can change the modified date, if that will help, but it will show "today". you could export to OE, use dbxtract to export the mail, edit the dates and put back in OE, then export to OL but not only is it a lot of work, i think you lose the headers when you export to OL.