New Lounger
    Thanks

change Inbox font (6)

When I view Inbox message list font is too large. That is, columns From, Subject, Received, etc., appear in large font and I can't for the life of me find a way to change font.
    Thanks in advance
    Trimer

Thanks

Re: change Inbox font (6)

Have you tried View | text size, then pick small, medium, to large fonts?

Bob
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Thanks

That's odd. Mine are tiny and I can't find any obvious way to change it, either. I looked at my Windows display settings, but I couldn't find any that seemed to apply. (The fact that my menu text and my column text are the same size appears to be a coincidence.)

Some OE settings carry over from IE. Do you have any checkboxes ticked in Internet Explorer under Tools>Internet Options>General tab>Accessibility button?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Rob--

I've really searched around and found some great screenshot OE tutorials that cover every aspect of modifying OE's settings but I couldn't nail this. I've been all over OE and discovered some neat changes I made myself, but I can't touch these headings. I thought the Accessibility Check Jefferson mentioned might do it but remembered I have "Ignore All Fonts" checked and OE is not impacted by scrolling, but IE web pages are. I also went over the OE subkeys/values in the registry and nothing there. If what you want which is to modify the "message list headings" I believe it's not going to get done from any gui setting anyone's going to find--it's going to get done by changing a value in IE's registry settings. I've been looking at these values in connection with another lounge thread that had to do with changing fonts on web page in IE, and as it is with many values in the Windows registry I feel like I'm at a ball game where they changed all the guys on the field-- I don't have a program--and names aren't on the uniforms. No doubt there is a website that gets into the registry tweaking of this in IE--I just haven't found it yet.

I bet Jefferson, R2, Hans, Bob or anyone else who likes digging into IE settings in the registry may be able to figure out how to pinpoint which registry value it is and how to modify it. If it's not in this key, then it's in a registry key for IE--possibly OE but I believe IE. See this thread:

Lounge Thread: Internet Explorer: Text Size 27 July 03

See: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerInternationalScripts3

I'll keep looking.

Added Ed./SMBP: Of course you can change the font size, color, and other features of the message from Tools>Options>Read Tab>Fonts button, but that's the message text, not the font size of the message list headings.

SMBP