2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Query result problem (97)

I wonder if somebody could help me please. I have and access database linked via ODBC to an Informix server and I
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query result problem (97)

For example, let's take a close at the query qryIncorrectResult1. It is based on tblPurchaseOrdersSalesOrdersCrossRef and tblPurchaseOrderHistory.

tblPurchaseOrderHistory contains two records, both with PurchaseOrderNumber = PO1. tblPurchaseOrdersSalesOrdersCrossRef also contains two records, both with PurchaseOrderNumber = PO1. The tables are joined only on PurchaseOrderNumber, so the query will combine each record of tblPurchaseOrderHistory with each record of tblPurchaseOrdersSalesOrdersCrossRef - they can all be joined on PurchaseOrderNumber. If you want the query to return two records, there must be a way to link a single record in one table to a single record in the other table. If you can indicate how that can be done in theory, we may be able to help you to implement it.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query result problem (97)

Hans, I have relooked at my database using your ideas you put forward and I seem to have a result. Thank you very much for taking the time to help a novice.

Regards
    Hayden