bailes

Word 2002 Measurement Units

I am using Word 2002 Beta 2 (Build 2511) and like most of it. However, I have a strange problem that no one seems to ever have heard of. In spite of having "Measurement Units" set to Inches in the Word's Options, the rulers, tabs and other measures are all in terms of "ch" what ever that is (characters?? - doesn't make sense to me with any proportional font). The horizontal ruler is numbered 2 -44 (ch's) for standard 8 1/2 x 11 document. I can't find this anywhere in the Word documentation, and it is VERY annoying. If you can tell me more about this - especially how to get "inches" to work again, I would appreciate it.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word 2002 Measurement Units

try applying something else, then reapply inches.

i can't replicate it so it's the best guess right now. are you using english versions of the beta and windows? what view are you using, normal, print layout etc.

bailes

Thank you for the suggestions. I am using the English version with Windows 2000 Professional, SP1. It shows up in print mode on the rulers and in all modes with regard to things like tabs. Weird. I have already tried setting to something else and back to inches and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

If you have other suggestions, I'd be happy to try them.

MrAndyPuppy

Do the other measurement units work? For instance, if you used centimetres (centimeters for you Americans), or one of the graphical measurements OTHER THAN characters? This way you know if it's specifically related to that one measurement, or if it's a more general problem.

bailes

No, none of the measures changes anything. I have tried them all and nothing changes - it still lists the units as ch. I looked for "ch" in the registry without success, too. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks