3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

User Log in (Access 2000)

I would like to know how I could get the user to enter his username and password when they first open Access. Dependant on th group that the usernameis attached to, I would like to have a switchboard open up. I have the usernames created and they belong to a certain group

Ideas?

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: User Log in (Access 2000)

You need user-level security. Take a look at moderator <!profile=WendellB>WendellB<!/profile>'s website (link in his profile) - click Support > Tutorials > The Secrets of Security. You'll find an overview and lots of useful links.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Is there a way to delete off the user accounts. I have an account created, but for some reason, everytime I open ANY db file, the username and poassword is requested. Eventhough I put the correct info in, it still does not work. and I cannot log into the database

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Did you set security in your standard workgroup System.mdw? That would explain why you are being prompted for a password in each database.

1. Locate System.mdw. In Windows XP, it is in Cocuments and Settings<username>Application DataMicrosoftAccess, in earlier versions in the System folder (C:WindowsSystem or C:WindowsSystem32 or C:WinNTSystem32), I think.
    2. Rename it, for example to Secured.mdw.
    3. Get an unsecured System.mdw, for example from a PC where this file has never been tampered with.
    4. Copy the unsecured System.mdw to the location of the renamed file.