2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Blank Lines (2000)

Is it possible to delete all rows that are completely blank on a work sheet at one, time leaving the unblank lines in the same order?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Blank Lines (2000)

Bill, see <!post=this,277313>this<!/post> thread.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Blank Lines (2000)

Thank You. I have found it easier to do a lot of the clean up in access first before using excel. What I am doing is importing a text report that is grouped by Clinic then Provider then Appointment Type with a count. The problem is that the columns as well as the text are separated by spaces and not even fixed space columns. So step one is to strip off the heading of the text report , then set a deliminater (tab) with column headings on the first row. After that is done I replace various spacing patterns with tabs in the "Appointment Type with count" row with a leading tab (for provider /clinic which will end up in the first column when imported). At that point I import it into access clean up unwanted rows add a provider and clinic column. Move the providers/clinics to their respective columns. It ends up looking like a stair first clinic with blank columns(provider, apt types/counts), next providers within the clinic with blank columns(clinic, apt types/counts) and then Apt types and counts with blank columns(clinic, providers). Using an index at import I can keep the rows outlined properly. Then comes excel. In excel I drag down the various values filling in the clinic and provider columns. The end result is a "flat" data row with Clinic, Provider, Apt Type and the various counts associated with the patient load. With this flat file I can now set up relationships with other tables and analyze the work load.