Thread: RTF in Formulas

Star Lounger
    Thanks

RTF in Formulas

Is there a way to use RTF in formulas? For example
    =if(A1=1,"qTL=","") where qTL appears as [symbol]q[/symbol][subscript]TL[/subscript]=. (hard to show here, but a Greek theta and TL subscipted. I can do it outside of formulas but not inside

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: RTF in Formulas

You can use the Char function to return a character, e.g. =CHAR(65) returns the letter A using standard fonts. I am sure you could apply it to a symbol font if you knew the appropriate code. You could use the following method to view all characters in a font, and obtain the code for any particular one. In the first row of any column (e.g. A1) enter =CHAR(ROW()) and copy it down to row 255 and you should see each character that is available for any given font. The row number is the value you pass to the CHAR function to incorporate a particular character. The CODE funtion doe sthe reverse, i.e. =CODE("A") returns 65.

Hope that can help,

Andrew C

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the idea, but CHAR() doesn't allow me to change the font. I am trying to mix fonts inside the equation.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Nevermind. I was thinking backwards. What you suggest will work. Just use the upper font codes an not change the font. Thanks