2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

TOC pg numbers do not correspond to printed number (2000 SP3)

Weird problem: I had a doc with many sections. Page numbering was continuous from section to section. Then I decided that from section 9 and thereafter or so, I wanted the numbering to restart. So I modified the footer in section 9 to restart numbering at 0 (don't ask) and voila, no problem.

BUT THEN, I decided I wanted NO numbering from section 9 on. So I went to the section 9 footer and deleted the numbering. Because the succeeding sections all had "same as previous" checked, this did the trick. No page numbers showed in section 9 or any other section after that. Perfect? No.

Turns out that when I generate at table of contents, the table still shows page numbers for the headings in section 9 and the subsequent sections. I want the heading to appear in the TOC, but without page numbers. I've deleted the TOC code and regenerated to no effect. I've also deleted and re-inserted all the section breaks (where, I understand, the page numbering info is stored), also to no effect.

What am I missing here?

Thanks

Re: TOC pg numbers do not correspond to printed number (2000 SP3)

While you can remove the numbering from the printed pages by deleting the page number field from the footer, you can't remove the internal numbering or change the basic function of the TOC to refer to the numbers of those pages (whether they appear there or not). You can (1)

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: TOC pg numbers do not correspond to printed number (2000 SP3)

Just to add one thing to Jefferson's suggestion. If you want the TOC for sections 1-8 to have page numbers show, but not 9-end, make two TOCS, one right after the other. You can either bookmark sections 1-8 & 9-end separately so that each TOC covers only that section OR you can use different heading style names for sections 9-end. Then you can check the option not to include page numbers for the second TOC.
    Cheers,