2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

'SUMPRODUCT' with 'IF' (Excel 2000)

I want to do a SUMPRODUCT of two arrays. However, some cells in the array contain strings rather than numbers. Is it possible to do SUMIF type of condition to SUMPRODUCT ? For example

1 3 | 5 6
    2 8 | 7 9
    5 B | 1 4

In the above case, it would leave B and 4 alone and just SUMPRODUCT the rest ?

Thanks

Re: 'SUMPRODUCT' with 'IF' (Excel 2000)

If I have this data:
    <table border=1><td></td><td align=center>A</td><td align=center>B</td><td align=center>C</td><td align=center>D</td><td align=center valign=bottom>1</td><td align=right valign=bottom>1</td><td align=right valign=bottom>3</td><td align=right valign=bottom>5</td><td align=right valign=bottom>6</td><td align=center valign=bottom>2</td><td align=right valign=bottom>2</td><td align=right valign=bottom>8</td><td align=right valign=bottom>7</td><td align=right valign=bottom>9</td><td align=center valign=bottom>3</td><td align=right valign=bottom>5</td><td valign=bottom>B</td><td align=right valign=bottom>1</td><td align=right valign=bottom>4</td></table>
    and use:
    =SUMPRODUCT(A1:B3,C13)
    it equals 114 which is what I would expect. It seems to ignore the text fine.

114 = 1 * 5 + 2* 7 +5 * 1+ 3 * 6 + 8* 9 (ignoring the B and 4)

Am I missing the problem statement?
    Steve

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 'SUMPRODUCT' with 'IF' (Excel 2000)

Steve,
    Many thanks. I used SUMPRODUCT(A1:B3 * C13) or used "*" instead of "," which is why it did not work.
    TQ