3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Setting page numbers starting at page 7 (Word 2000)

I am trying to get the page numbering to start on in page 7 of the document. I have the document split into two sections as well. When I set the page numbering, it starts on page 7 using page #1,(which is section 2). But it also numbers all the pages in section 1 (document pages 1 - 6). I only want it to number the second section. How can I do that?

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Setting page numbers starting at page 7 (Word 2000)

Activate the header or footer containing the page number in the second section. Toggle the "Same as Previous" button so that it is NOT "down". Now, move to the first section using the "Show Previous" button, and remove the page number. Because there is no link with the second section, this will not remove the page number there.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You are everywhere [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Awesome

Thanks

Lounger
    Thanks

I am having the same trouble today with a multi page document without different sections. Do I have to insert a continuous section first? When I tried that, it makes the page #'s from Section 1 disappear.

Lisa

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Can you explain what exactly you want the result to be? (Shimmer, who posted this thread, wanted no page numbers at all on pages 1 through 6, then page numbers from page 7 on, starting at 7.)

Lounger
    Thanks

I am trying to do the same thing, but without sections. I have a 12 page document and want no pages on physical pages 1-3. I want physical page 4 to start with page #1 printed on the page.

It appears though that you HAVE to have multiple sections? I added a "new page" section on physical page 3 and removed the regular page break. Then I did what you said about the footer (after I readded the page #'s) in and it appears to have worked. I guess I am not sure which thing fixed it though!

Lisa

Lounger
    Thanks

Ok...I tried it again and it worked. I went to the page before I wanted the #'s to start and added a "new page" section. I then went to the next page and added page #'s. I then went to the footers and got rid of "Same as Previous" and then deleted the page # out of Section 1. Wala.

Thank you!!!! This has been bugging me all day!!!

Lisa

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Lisa:
    I'm a little late on this thread as I've been away. If you want to skip the first 7 page numbers & then start numbering with 1 on page 8, you don't need to have sections. You can use:

{ IF { page } > 7 "{ = { page } - 7 }" "" }

where the curly braces are inserted by using Ctrl+F9; you cannot type them. Hope this will be useful in the future.