New Lounger
    Thanks

FP2000 Server Extensions on Windows 2000 (FP2000)

Please could someone give me some advice on server extensions for FP2000 running on Windows 2000.

I tried to install FP2000 Server extensions on Windows 2000, but the system told me that that particular version of server extensions wouldn't work with the version of the operating system.

Am I able to use FP2002 server extensions, as this is the only way I can see to go forward from the Microsoft website, and other postings?

Just want clarification, I guess, so that I know that I am on right road.

Thanks. Jackie

Thanks

Re: FP2000 Server Extensions on Windows 2000 (FP2000)

According to MS themselves:

302393 - FP2000: Operating Systems and Servers That Are Supported by FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions

FP2000 SE can be installed on all flavours of W2K.

Can you be more explicit with the "error" message?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Leif, thanks for your swift reply. The message is:

"This version of Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions setup cannot install onto Microsoft Windows 2000 or later systems. For more information visit http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/fpse".

This page doesn't exist. However, having just done a route around I have found a SE update for Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions: Downloads for Microsoft Windows-Based Servers. I have downloaded it, but not sure if this is the correct way forward.

The main issue that I have with the website is that I have a form and the data is going into the private folder as a .txt file. I had installed the FP2002 Server Extensions, but the results from the form still didn't go through. I need help with this desperately as I am training on FP2000 next Wednesday and forms is part of the course. We have new machines in and the "techies" have set them up and it is the first course being run on them, and I'm not getting any sense from them!!

Thanks

Sorry not to get back to you before...

I'm not entirely sure why your first attempt failed - perhaps a W2K service pack has changed the requirements. WebGenii is the "resident" expert on FP so I would hang on until she gets a chance to help. Meanwhile, these two articles may shed a bit of light:

MSKB 300004 - HOW TO: Install and Configure FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions on a Windows NT-Based Web Server (Windows NT or Windows 2000)

MSKB 234005 - Cannot Install Only the FrontPage Server Extensions with Office 2000 Premium Edition.

Is your server on the Internet or on a LAN? If publicly available, can you post a URL to the page inquestion? - or send it to me by PM if you would prefer, and I'll take a look.