New Lounger
    Thanks

query problems (2000)

I have a couple of problems: First, when let's say I have a table with Columns A, B, and C. I want to make a query such that when I run it, it outputs the contents of Columns A and B for all the entries that have the value "yes" in Column C (notice that is not one of the two columns I want it to output.) I would want the query to output this content in two of its own columns.

Secondly, I have a column in my table full of numbers. I want the query to tell me how many of those numbers in that column are less than 30. How do I do this?

Thanks for any help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: query problems (2000)

1. Create a query based on the table. Add fields A, B and C to the query grid. Enter Yes in the Criteria: line in the column of field C. Since you don't want to display field C, clear the check box in the Show: row in the column of field C.

2. Create a query based on the table. Add the number field to the query grid. Enter <30 in the Criteria: line, and clear the Show: check box for this column. Enter

Number of Records: Count(*)

in the Field: row of the second column of the query grid.

New Lounger
    Thanks

As for your answer to the first one, will setting that criteria for field C ensure that only the records that meet that criteria will have their entries in fields A and B shown? (Other column A and B entries (for records in which the column C entry does not meet the criteria) should not be shown.) Just checking (have Access at work only)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, setting criteria means that the query will only return records that meet the criteria, and exclude records that don't meet the criteria.