Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Report Balance (2000)

I have a report where the purpose is the show any payments that were either allocated <> zero. The report is running fine. My problem is that when the report opens, I want it to only open to show payments with a balance of <> zero. The "balance" field on the report is not calculated in the query associated with the report I can't figure out how to get the correct answer. I've tried alot of approaches and get error messages.

Thanks,
    Leesha
    Attached Files Attached Files

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report Balance (2000)

Just a thought, as I haven't had time to examine your problem in detail: Have you tried creating a query that lists, say, the account ID for each record that doesn't have a zero balance, then creating an inner join so that the query supporting the report only has the records to be reported on?

From the quick look I had, I'd say the problem might be that you're trying to filter not on the detail line, but on one of the grouped items. (I also notice that you have a duplicate grouping, but didn't investigate whether there's a deliberate reason for that.)

Good luck!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Why don't you run the report from a form, or rather from a DoCmd.OpenReport command then you just need to do the following to test for non-zero outstanding payments.
    DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "Balance<>0"
    Also change the query behind the report to:
    SELECT tblPayment.CustomerID, [salutation] & " " & [firstname] & " " & [middleinitial] & " " & [lastname/businessname] & " " & [suffix] AS Expr1, tblDemographics.[LastName/BusinessName], tblPayment.PayID, tblPayment.DatePaid, tblPayment.Amount, tblPaymentAllocations.InvoiceNoReference, tblPaymentAllocations.AmountAllocated, [Amount]-Val(nz(DSum("AmountAllocated","tblPaymentAllocatio ns","PayID=" & [tblPaymentAllocations].[PayID]),0)) AS Balance
    FROM tblDemographics INNER JOIN (tblPayment INNER JOIN tblPaymentAllocations ON tblPayment.PayID = tblPaymentAllocations.PayID) ON tblDemographics.AccountID = tblPayment.CustomerID
    ORDER BY tblPayment.DatePaid, tblPaymentAllocations.InvoiceNoReference;
    Note I have changed the where clause of the DSum to test for PayID instead of invoice number.

If I'm outta the ball park, just let me know.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Allison and Pat for your posts.

Pat, your suggestions did exactly what I was looking for. It's a weight off my shoulders as I just couldn't get it.

Thanks,
    Leesha