Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

global templates being loaded twice (word97 sr2b)

Hi

In our word environment >Tools>Options>File Locations>Startup path is set to our word global templates.
    The global templates are then displayed in the list in Tools>Templates and Add-ins.
    On my pc - in the Templates & Add-ins list - the global templates are displayed once (in alphabetical order) & then at the end of this list, the global templates are displayed again.
    therefore the templates are loaded twice - which effects the interface etc.

I've checked in my WinExplorer - in the startup path - however only 1 reference to the global templates exist.
    also I've just recently installed OfficeXP on the same pc. However XP is in a different location & in WordXP I havent set my startup path to point to the global templates.
    I checked the registry settings & the startups & the paths are different ie for Word97 (8.0) & WordXP(10.0).

Any ideas what would be causing the templates to be loaded twice as global templates?
    Diana

Thanks

Re: global templates being loaded twice (word97 sr2b)

Will the dialog let you remove any of them? If so try removing all of them and restarting Word. If it only lets you remove the duplicates, it could be that it "remembered" them from a previous session, and should then be cured. If it won't let you remove any of them, then... nothing comes immediately to mind.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hey Jscher

yes that works!. However I wanted to know what the cause was as this issue is sprouting up on other users pc's more regularly.

Diana

Thanks

Well, maybe another add-in is adding them? Otherwise I suspect Word doesn't realize they're the same. Maybe they were loaded once with a drive letter and once with a UNC path, so they're both valid? Not sure.