5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Group calender (Outlook 2000/2002)

Does anyone know of a utility / add-on for Outlook that would allow me to enter a group of names (of colleagues) and then see/print a table (e.g. week/month) with indication if they are in or out of the office?

I looked for independent tools but could find only in/out boards, I'm looking for an overview to see when people are available, as we maintain our schedules in Outlook anyway I later thought just listing that would be most obvious.

I know the functionality is there: when one e.g. schedules a meeting and invites all colleagues, Calender already presents such an overview to allow you to find a slot where all are available. Of course I do not want to plan a meeting and need to print the table...

Anyone??

Erik Jan

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Group calender (Outlook 2000/2002)

Have you tried looking at the items listed on the http://www.slipstick.com site? HTH
    Gre

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Just a note that you can use the Plan-A-Meeting Tool without creating a task, but it's not printable which you require. It would be nice if MS added Plan-A-Meeting type functionality in Tasks for assignment purposes, and added Print functionality to Plan-A-Meeting (and called it something more logical like "Review Availability"). I insist that my team keep their schedule in OL, including planned absences, for task assignment purposes.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This could be worked up as a Word or Excel export. What would you like to see?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If I may be so bold: Erik Jan has indicated in <post#=281530>post 281530</post#> that he would like to see an export to/import into Excel.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Erik Jan wants to see if the target users Out-Of-Office Rule is turned on, and I didn't think that was exposed to VBA. Also, see <post#=262918>post 262918</post#> for a possible import approach.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No, I'm not looking for the "Out-of-Office" indicator. Basically I'm looking for something in EXCEL that will allow me to enter ID's from colleagues in a workgroup (who are sharing their Calendars of course) and then set (e.g.) a month/year and press a button. Then I'd like to see a grid with vertical the colleagues and horizontal the days. In the cells I'd like to see e.g. the type of meetings during that day by type (as you can set from the Calendar too), so: "Busy", "Free", "Tentative", "Out of Office" and slots where the "Private" flag was set.

If I have code to get me at least the data, I'm capable of implementing and dealing with all the rest. In the mean time I did find some code which I'm looking at, not sure if that will help me in the end, still interested in suggestions and/or alternative code. I will post my results when ready.

Erik Jan