New Lounger
    Thanks

links to other presentations (xp)

Hi,
    ive had to split my presentation over 3 files as the links kept breaking. But now i am faced with another problem when i hand my presentation out (likely to be on CD) where to do i aim my links to the CD drive, but that can vary from computer to computer or do i set it to a specific directory on C: and give instaltion instructions?

or is there a way for it to always look at the CD whether its D: E: or what ever

thx

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: links to other presentations (xp)

Read this for an explanation and tips.

http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00155.htm

-LennyJo

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Steve:

An alternative is to use Pack & Go (on the File menu). This gives you the options to include other files and linked files.

Tony.
    Regards,

Tony
    [s] [/s]
    www.SylviArtist.com

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If you try Pack and Go, be aware you cannot pack to the CD. You have to pack to your hard drive and then burn the packed files to the CD separately using standard CD burning software. Also be aware you have to burn two files. One is the prz file and the other the pngsetup.exe file. Also be aware that the show on the CD cannot be played directly. Your buddies will have to first "unpack" the prz file by launching the pngsetup.exe file on the CD. It will then want a new empty folder on the hard drive to unpack in (a thing your buddies may not want to do). After dumping the files to their hard drive (unpacking) then and only then can it be played (from their hard drive, not the CD).

In other words, Pack and Go is merely a transportation device, not meant to be a simple method to allow another to launch your presentation directly from a disk.

You can look into creating an "autorun" disk, which will play the show upon them inserting the disk into the computer (provided certain conditions are right).

My most used method is to copy all linked files into the folder in which my presentation is being built. Insert or link the files from that folder. Then simply burn the entire folder to CD. Having saved the presentation as a pps and named it "Double Click This" the user simply does that and the show launches. No mess. No files dumped onto thier hard drive.

-LennyJo