Thread: Block Sender

New Lounger
    Thanks

Block Sender

Every time I get an offer for a quick degree I block the sender. However, I just received one with the sender unspecified. I can't block the sender and haven't been able to construct a rule that works unless I use the subject. Any ideas? How do you send an email without specifying a sender?
    Thanks,
    Tom

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Block Sender

...you don't really want to know how to post anonymously, do you? There is a variety of Newsgroups will tell you how, if you really want to go to such places.
    However, if you 'block' a sender, the bot sending you the cold email will pick it up and know you're a real live address. You'll never be left alone from then on. As you have found they automatically generate different headers at each mailing. The best bet with spam is just delete it, and never give your real email address over the net.
    Rgds

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

block sender in OE/OL doesn't work that way. Blocking sender either deletes the mail off the server (OE) or moves it to the deleted or junk folder in OL. The sender has no idea you've blocked them.

unfortunately, it doesn't work if the from field is blank.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

I don't doubt it. I should have said my experience was with Hotmail - where the advice came from the admins there.