Star Lounger
    Thanks

Image capture ocx (2000 or 97)

Hello,

Need to capture an image from a digital camera or webcam and store this within my database. Has anyone any pointers on this? Can anyone recomeend an ocx to use?

I am fairly flexible with camera and version (not bought them yet!), so any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

jonathon

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Image capture ocx (2000 or 97)

Jonathon

There are many third party software utilities that will handle Twain source camera's and scanners, alas you'll find you'll have to pay for them.
    Dependant on how you want to use these, will undoubtably raise questions on how to integrate within your database.

I personally opted to use card readers on my machine.
    With some coding in Access, I found this to be far better and not so complicated.
    The only additon I made was to write a small utility in VB which would convert the file names so my database would determine the correct image with the correct file.

The other issue which will crop up, is database size.
    If you import images into your table, your database will bloat in size even only with a couple of images.
    The afore mentioned way which I use, only stores the file name and location and doesn't effect database size other than normal data input.
    This may not solve your question but rather more of advice.