Lounger
    Thanks

User Level Security Wizard (Access 2000)

Hello
    I have manage to get the security to work on my local my workstation and I put a copy of the database on the LAN for other to access the database and the login pop up screen does not appear. I have set the individuals user up and I thought I set up all appropriate permission right. I need to know what I am doing wrong and why the security does not exist when I make a copy of the database and paste else where.
    Pleas Help
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: User Level Security Wizard (Access 2000)

If you followed the instructions, you have secured your local workgroup file System.mdw. If other users open the database, they use their unsecured System.mdw. What you should do is copy your System.mdw to the same folder as the database, and rename it, for instance to Secure.mdw. (You will need to create a new unsecured System.mdw on your own PC.

Create a shortcut that opens the database with your secured workgroup. Its target should look like this:

"C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeMsAccess.exe" "serversharefolderMyDatabase.mdb" /wrkgrp "serversharefolderSecure.mdw"

where you should substitute the appropriate paths and filenames, of course.

See also my reply to <post#=281320>post 281320</post#>

Lounger
    Thanks

Having problems, not sure what's what! Have used the wizard and have set up three users whom all have Admins permissions, it works fine. I guess my question is how do I move the database to a more centralized location (S drive (server) where the application can be accessed at anytime by all authorized users. Also I need to know can all users be in the database at the same time?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Having two threads open on the same subject is confusing. I will post a reply to this question in the thread starting at <post#=281320>post 281320</post#>, and I will lock this thread to avoid further duplication. Others wishing to reply, please do so in the other thread too, thank you.